- Study With Us
- Campus Life
- Industry Links
- About Us
Bachelor of Electronic Engineering
This programme equips students with knowledge that electronic engineers must possess.
This ranges from essential mathematical concepts to circuitry, control systems, signal processing and electronic system design. The curriculum has been developed and approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which will lead to a professional engineer status.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of scientific, electronic engineering and mathematical principles to solve complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate and analyse information for complex engineering problems using first principles of sciences and mathematics.
- Design solutions for complex systems, components and processes that meet specified needs and considerations for public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
- Investigate complex engineering problems through research by design of experiment, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Create, select and use modern scientific, information technology, and engineering tools to model and simulate complex engineering related problems with an understanding of the limitations.
- Assess issues that are related to society, health, safety, legal, culture and responsibilities related to professional engineering.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions to environment and society, and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- Apply high level of professional ethics, ethical principles and responsibilities in the engineering profession.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with engineers and society at large through written and verbal communication channels.
- Work effectively as individual, or in a diverse team as a member or leader.
- Recognize the need to engage independent lifelong learning to keep abreast with technological advancement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering and project management principles to manage individual or group projects in multidisciplinary environments.
• Engineering Practice and Communication Skills
• Engineering Mathematics I
• Circuit Analysis I
• Digital Electronics
• Computer Applications for Engineers
• Engineering Mathematics II
• Electromagnetic Field Theory
• Electronic Devices and Circuits
• Introduction to Electrical Power Technology
• Engineering Mathematics III
• Analogue Integrated Circuits Applications
• Introduction to Communication Engineering
• Programming for Engineers
• Circuit Analysis II
• Digital Communications
• Digital Circuits and Design
• Instrumentation and Measurement
• Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
• Engineering Drawing
• Signals and Systems
• Analogue Systems Design
• Power Electronics
• Digital Systems Design
• Control Systems
• Numerical Analysis and Statistics
• Embedded System Applications
• Technology and Society
• Computer Architecture and Organization
• Integrated Design Project
Upon completion of Year 3, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training
• Final Year Project
• Digital IC Design
• Digital Signal Processing
• Project Management
• Microwave Engineering (Elective 1)
• Communication Systems and Networks (Elective 1)
• Mobile Communications
• Digital Control Systems
• Digital Image Processing (Elective 2)
• Optical Communications (Elective 2)
• Systems on Silicon (Elective 3)
• Analogue Integrated Circuits Design (Elective 3)
Choose ONE module for electives 1, 2 and 3
Aug 2018, Jan 2019, May 2019
• Integrated Circuit Design Engineers
• Software Engineers
• Telecommunications Engineers
• Embedded Systems / Firmware Engineers
Pass the STPM with at least Grade C in 2 subjects including Mathematics and Physics
- Pass the GCE A-Level with at least Grade C in 2 subjects including Mathematics and Physics
- Pass the GCE A-Level with at least Grade D in 2 subjects including Mathematics and Physics, and pass relevant First City University College Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology (FEST) remedial subject with at least Grade C
Pass the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with minimum grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and Physics
Pass the First City University College Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology (FEST) with at least CGPA 2.00
Relevant Foundation from other Institutions of Higher Learning
Pass the International Baccalaureate with at least 24 points
Pass the Australia Matriculation Programme (AUSMAT) with an average of 65% including Mathematics
Pass the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with a Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) 70 and at least Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
Pass the Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
Relevant Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
Relevant Diploma from First City University College or other Institutions of Higher Learning with at least CGPA 2.00
Other equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government
English requirement: at least SPM credit/O-Level Grade C/UEC Grade B in English language/MUET Band 3/IELTS Band 5.0/equivalent