- Study With Us
- Campus Life
- Industry Links
- About Us
Bachelor of Electronic Engineering
Overview of Bachelor of Electronic Engineering
This programme equips students with knowledge that electronic engineers must possess.
This ranges from essential mathematical concepts to circuitry, control systems, signal processing and electronic system design. The curriculum has been developed and approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which will lead to a professional engineer status.
Electrical engineering is the largest branch of the engineering field. However, students will need Basic Maths, Physical Science, Chemistry Courses to understand Electrical Formulas, Semiconductor Functions, and Electric Components. Based on the available experience, competencies, scientific and educational potential, First City University College’s Electronic Engineering degree programme offers a wide range of engineering services in the interest of various organizations, industrial, technological and educational partners.
The Bachelor of Electronic Engineering equips students with the knowledge that electronic engineers must possess. This ranges from essential Mathematical Concepts to Circuitry, Control Systems, Signal Processing, and Electronic System Design. The curriculum has been developed and approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which will solidify a graduate’s status as a professional engineer. Bachelor of electronic engineering teaches you how electrical systems work, maintenance, operation, installation, operation and build your own circuits.
The programme also teaches students to use equipment like multimeters, oscilloscopes, computerized data logger and the electrical formulas. For students who wish to further their studies, they can enrol in a relevant postgraduate programme to increase their chances of staying afloat in this highly competitive market. Essentially, the Bachelor of Electronic Engineering is a basic entry-level program where you learn various product manufacturing processes and various repair methods. Advanced electronic engineering topics entail learning about navigation, manufacturing, communication industries creating new products and electronic computer systems communication systems and other systems and technology used in military equipment.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of scientific, electronic engineering and mathematical principles to solve complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate and analyse information for complex engineering problems using first principles of sciences and mathematics.
- Design solutions for complex systems, components and processes that meet specified needs and considerations for public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
- Investigate complex engineering problems through research by design of experiment, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Create, select and use modern scientific, information technology, and engineering tools to model and simulate complex engineering related problems with an understanding of the limitations.
- Assess issues that are related to society, health, safety, legal, culture and responsibilities related to professional engineering.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions to environment and society, and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- Apply high level of professional ethics, ethical principles and responsibilities in the engineering profession.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with engineers and society at large through written and verbal communication channels.
- Work effectively as individual, or in a diverse team as a member or leader.
- Recognize the need to engage independent lifelong learning to keep abreast with technological advancement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering and project management principles to manage individual or group projects in multidisciplinary environments.
• Engineering Practice and Communication Skills
• Engineering Mathematics I
• Circuit Analysis I
• Digital Electronics
• Computer Applications for Engineers
• Engineering Mathematics II
• Electromagnetic Field Theory
• Electronic Devices and Circuits
• Introduction to Electrical Power Technology
• Engineering Mathematics III
• Analogue Integrated Circuits Applications
• Introduction to Communication Engineering
• Programming for Engineers
• Circuit Analysis II
• Digital Communications
• Digital Circuits and Design
• Instrumentation and Measurement
• Microprocessor and Microcontroller Systems
• Engineering Drawing
• Signals and Systems
• Analogue Systems Design
• Power Electronics
• Digital Systems Design
• Control Systems
• Numerical Analysis and Statistics
• Embedded System Applications
• Technology and Society
• Computer Architecture and Organization
• Integrated Design Project
Upon completion of Year 3, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training
• Final Year Project
• Digital IC Design
• Digital Signal Processing
• Project Management
• Microwave Engineering (Elective 1)
• Communication Systems and Networks (Elective 1)
• Mobile Communications
• Digital Control Systems
• Digital Image Processing (Elective 2)
• Optical Communications (Elective 2)
• Systems on Silicon (Elective 3)
• Analogue Integrated Circuits Design (Elective 3)
Choose ONE module for electives 1, 2 and 3
Jan 2020, May 2020, Sep 2020
• Integrated Circuit Design Engineers
• Software Engineers
• Telecommunications Engineers
• Embedded Systems / Firmware Engineers
Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
Minimum 5Bs (including Mathematics and Physics)
Minimum 2Cs (including Mathematics and Physics)
Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 / Diploma (Level 4, MQF) in the related field
Other equivalent qualifications which are recognized by the Malaysian government