The programme offers comprehensive training for those who seek to pursue a profession in the service and leisure industry including hotels & resorts, food & beverage management and entertainment & recreation management. Students will undergo internships where they will gain hands-on experience with our industry partners-leading hotels, event companies, F&B outlets and entertainment service providers. First City University College is part of the See Hoy Chan Holdings Group that owns two hotels in Bandar Utama, namely One World Hotel and Avante Hotel.
Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland (HTMi) grants our graduates who successfully complete a mini-project the following:
- HTMi Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism Management
- Direct entry into the final year of their BA International Hotel & Events Management which includes 6 months of paid internship in Switzerland
The programme objectives are to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and who are technically competent in the hospitality discipline in line with industry requirements and needs, and who can solve hospitality problems innovatively.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate good teamwork, supervisory and managerial skills in an organization, and who are also able to use digital sources/applications and numerical processes to perform appropriate tasks related to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities, autonomy and personal responsibility in an organisation and ethical standards through sustainable and appropriate professional approaches.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship knowledge and skills, and recognise the need for personal development and successful career advancement in the hospitality industry.