Top Award-Winning Courses in Interior Design
Top Award-Winning Courses in Interior Design at First City UC
The BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design programme at First City University College focuses on the design and development of internal spaces with emphasis on the relationship between architectural context and designed interior. It equips graduates with relevant knowledge and creative skills to be professional interior designers or interior architects.
Students develop design culture in line with professional interior design and architecture practices. Studio design modules are complemented by modules in technical, professional and contextual studies.
Students will undergo internships with various interior design and architecture companies, property developers, product design companies, exhibition design and theater & stage design companies.
Students of this programme will be registered with the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID).
What are the Programme Objectives for the Interior Architecture & Design Degree?
- Enable students to apply design vocabulary, knowledge and creative work to solve design problems.
- Enable students to identify, evaluate and analyse information relating to materials, structure and technical details that take into consideration public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
- Develop students’ theory and practical skills for a professional career in interior design or postgraduate studies.
- Equip students with knowledge and research skills in interior architecture technology and development.
- Engage students in life-long learning.
- Equip students with leadership, teamwork, entrepreneurial, communication and social skills.
Is the Interior Architecture and Design Degree at First City UC Accredited?
The BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design is accredited by the Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM). The Interior Design degree should be Professionally accredited by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), where the programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of LAM or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
In addition, the degree is also accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Degree programmes recognised and accredited by MQA and LAM will also be recognised overseas therefore graduates will be able to find work anywhere.
What are the Awards and Achievements for Interior Design at First City UC?
As evidence that First City UC is the best university college for interior design in Malaysia, the university and their students have won numerous awards for Interior Design as well as Graphic Design. Winning the awards is proof that First City UC is producing top graduates in interior design.
- 15th Annual International Design Awards 2020, Los Angeles, USA
- Frankie Ong – BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design – Silver Award
- International Furniture Design Innovation (IFDI) 2020
- Reven Oh Gein Heir – BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design – Gold Award
- Beh Wei Herng – BA (Hons) Furniture and Product Design – Gold Award
- International Design Awards 2019 (IDA)
- Teh Wei Jie – BA (Hons) Interior Architecture degree won the GOLD AWARD for the Interior Design Student Category
- 24th Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) Furniture Design Competition 2018 – Champion
- Asia Young Designer Award 2017 – Best Green Innovation And Honorary Mention
- Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) Reka Awards 2017
- MIJF Jewellery Design Awards 2017 Ring Catergory – Top 5 Finalist
- 16th International CONVR 2016 Best PhD Student Paper Award Dr. Siti Norzaini Bt Zainal Abidin
- ASPaC 2017 Merit Award – Charmaine Wong and Sharon Chai of BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- ASIA PACIFIC INTERIOR DESIGNER AWARD 2016 Silver Winner
- IAI DESIGN AWARD Design Star Award 2015
- National Outstanding Educator Award 2015 (Design Education – College Level) Ms Chua Huwi Huwi
- Nippon Paint Young Designer Awards 2014:
- Gold Winner for Interior Design is Lim Yong An
- Lim Yong An also won the “Best Green Innovation Award”.
- Ernest Loh Yin-Sen won Silver
- Soo Mei Lian won “Best Colour Choice”
- Yii Sii Lin won an Honorary Mention
- Best College for Interior Design also went to KBU International College
- Best Lecturer for Interior Design went to KBU’s Chua Huwi Huwi.
Click here to read the full article.